Air humidity directly affects the moisture content of materials. Poor humidity control affects product quality and weight as well as causing inefficient energy usage. The presence or absence of water influences a vast range of physical, chemical and biological processes, is of wide spread importance and can be crucial to product quality, reliability and lifespan.
The primary aim of this course is to provide information that enables users to choose the right equipment and methods meeting their needs and to install, use and calibrate their humidity sensing devices correctly. All concepts in the course are treated in a practical and pragmatic matter ensuring direct knowledge to value.
Who should attend?
The course are designed for senior technicians, engineers and technical staff from a wide range of industries as well as calibration and test laboratories establishing measurement traceability under an ISO quality system. The course is suitable for participants with or without previous measuring experience and is applicable to both calibration and manufacturing processes. Participants should have a basic level of mathematics.
After the course you will have obtained
- Knowledge about concepts for humidity measurements
- An understanding of the principles of operation of humidity sensors and their instrumentation, especially psychrometers, dew point mirror meters and impedance based sensors
- An overview of physical principles, treatment of uncertainties, surveying of environmental chambers and issues concerning calibration
- The insight needed to identify sources of error that affect measurements and tips and tricks in order to recognize problems.
The course covers practical and theoretical aspects of humiditymeasurements, calibration and maintenance with emphasis on measurements of relative humidity and dew point. You will learn in detail about common instrumentation and about methods and guidelines for calibrations and measurements that you can immediately use at your workplace. The course are designed to be highly interactive to enable you to benefi t from the experience of the other participants and the presenters.
Har du faglige spørgsmål så kontakt
- Jan Nielsen
- +45 72201236
- Mette Pedersen
- Kvalitets- & måletekniker
- +45 72201232
- Peter Friis Østergaard
- Konsulent, ph.d.
- +45 72201688