Introduction to building and managing docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster
Through an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Platform, this course helps you understand one of the key tenets of the DevOps movement: continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
In addition to gaining an understanding of these tools, you will build core administration skills through the installation, configuration, and management of an OpenShift cluster.
Course content summary
- Learn about container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture
- Create containerized services
- Manage containers and container images
- Create custom container images
- Deploy multi-container applications
- Install an OpenShift cluster
- Configure and manage masters and nodes
- Secure OpenShift
- Control access to resources on OpenShift
- Monitor and collect metrics on OpenShift
- Deploy applications on OpenShift using source-to-image (S2I)
- Manage storage on OpenShift
- Have ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Developers who want to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators who want to learn more about OpenShift
- System architects who want to learn more about OpenShift
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
- Provision a server using container technology
- Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
- Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
- Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
- Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
- Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images on an OpenShift cluster.
- Execute commands using the command-line interface.
- Control access to OpenShift resources.
- Implement persistent storage.
- Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
- Install and configure the metrics gathering system
- Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.
Undervisningen varetages af en autoriseret Red Hat instruktør og foregår på engelsk.
Kurset afholdes i samarbejde med Red Hat, som udvælger lokationen kurset holdes på.
Har du faglige spørgsmål så kontakt
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147