IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.4 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility through the use of object-based data management and policy driven retention.
This 5 day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a Spectrum Protect environment. The hands-on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2012 environment. The course materials includes examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from windows.
This lecture and exercise-based course is for implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect/Tivoli Storage Manager data management.
You may wish to take Introduction to Storage prior to this class.
Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
SS01WG - (Web)
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pool
- Managing the database and recovery log space
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the Spectrum Protect environment
- Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
- Unit 1: IBM Spectrum Protect overview lecture
- I Unit 2: Installing IBM Spectrum Protect lecture
- Lab - Installing IBM Spectrum Protect
- Unit 3: Accessing Spectrum Protect administrative and client interfaces lecture
- Lab - Accessing Spectrum Protect administrative and client interfaces
- Unit 4: Configuring devices and storage pools lecture
- Lab - Configuring devices and storage pools
- Unit 5: Managing the database and recovery logs lecture
- Lab - Managing the database and recovery logs
- Unit 6: Customizing data retention lecture
- Lab - Customizing data retention
- Unit 7: Configuring the client lecture
- Lab - Configuring the client lab (start)
- Lab - Configuring the client lab (complete)
- Unit 8: Protecting client data lecture
- Lab - Protecting client data
- Unit 9: Protecting the database and storage pools lecture
- Lab - Protecting the database and storage pools
- Unit 10: Automating and monitoring operations lectur
- Lab - Automating and monitoring operations
Undervisningen varetages af en erfaren underviser fra Teknologisk Instituts netværk bestående af branchens dygtigste undervisere.
Har du faglige spørgsmål, så kontakt:
- Jette Ravn Merkel
- +45 72202695