IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.4 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility through the use of object-based data management and policy driven retention.
This 5 day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a Spectrum Protect environment. The hands-on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2012 environment. The course materials includes examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from windows.
This lecture and exercise-based course is for implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect/Tivoli Storage Manager data management.
You may wish to take Introduction to Storage prior to this class.
Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
SS01WG - (Web)
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pool
- Managing the database and recovery log space
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the Spectrum Protect environment
- Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
Unit 1: IBM Spectrum Protect overview lecture
Unit 2: Installing IBM Spectrum Protect lecture
Lab - Installing IBM Spectrum Protect
Unit 3: Accessing Spectrum Protect administrative and client interfaces lecture
Lab - Accessing Spectrum Protect administrative and client interfaces
Unit 4: Configuring devices and storage pools lecture
Lab - Configuring devices and storage pools
Unit 5: Managing the database and recovery logs lecture
Lab - Managing the database and recovery logs
Unit 6: Customizing data retention lecture
Lab - Customizing data retention
Unit 7: Configuring the client lecture
Lab - Configuring the client lab (start)
Lab - Configuring the client lab (complete)
Unit 8: Protecting client data lecture
Lab - Protecting client data
Unit 9: Protecting the database and storage pools lecture
Lab - Protecting the database and storage pools
Unit 10: Automating and monitoring operations lecture
Lab - Automating and monitoring operations
Undervisningen varetages af en erfaren underviser fra Teknologisk Instituts netværk bestående af branchens dygtigste undervisere.
Har du faglige spørgsmål så kontakt
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147