IBM Spectrum Protect is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility through the use of object-based data management, policy driven retention, and an easy to use interface, the Operations Center.
In this advanced-level course, you will streamline your daily operations by implementing new features, such as inline data deduplication, storage pool directory containers, and node replication. You will use the Operations Center and administrative command line to manage multiple Spectrum Protect servers and nodes. The hands-on exercises are performed on two Windows 2012 R2 virtual machines.
This course is for storage administrators familiar with the daily management of IBM Spectrum Protect/Tivoli Storage Manager.
Complete IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.1 Implementation and Administration (TS614G) or IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.4 Implementation and Administration (TS615G) prior to attending this course.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe a multi-server Spectrum Protect storage environment
- Manage storage pools
- Configure a multi-server environment
- Improve data protection and recovery with replication
- Enable advanced client functions
- Protect the Spectrum Protect environment
- Use scripting to automate daily processing
- Explore monitoring and reporting
- Optimize the Spectrum Protect server and client
- Troubleshoot common problems
Undervisningen varetages af en erfaren underviser fra Teknologisk Instituts netværk bestående af branchens dygtigste undervisere.
Har du faglige spørgsmål så kontakt
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147