The course begins with a basic overview of product components and their associated functions. You configure Tivoli Network Manager and perform a full discovery of simulated networks. To further understand the intricacies of the discovery cycle, you customize discovery by changing the behavior of finders and agents. You also learn to create real-time MIB graphs, control polling behavior, connect isolated networks through manual map editing, and use the reporting functions of IBM Tivoli Network Manager.
You should have:
- Skills in basic Linux shell script editing using vi or gedit
- Understanding of the function of routers and switches and layers 2 and 3 of the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) model
This intermediate-level course is for administrators or integrators who are responsible for configuring and using Tivoli Network Manager.
- Install IBM Tivoli Network Manager 3.9 as a non-root user
- Navigate the Network Manager interface
- Describe discovery in the context of Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition
- Configure and run a network discovery
- Schedule automatic full discoveries
- Use the data collector
- Build and use discovery filters
- Troubleshoot discovery issues
- Build network partition views
- View device link status and capacity information
- Manually instantiate undiscovered devices and connections.
- Use the Topoviz Hop View and Network Partition view
- Create a network view with multiple domains
- Configure and customize Network Manager polling behavior
- Schedule event-based reports
- View asset and discovery reports
- Perform stitcher customizations to add custom data to a discovery
- Configure adaptive polling
- Configure database access
- Configure a custom report
- Schedule a report snapshot
Undervisningen varetages af en erfaren underviser fra Teknologisk Instituts netværk bestående af branchens dygtigste undervisere.
Har du faglige spørgsmål så kontakt
- IT Kursusinformation
- 72 20 33 10