The course covers practical and theoretical aspects of humidity measurements, calibration and maintenance. You will learn how to measure humidity and how the various measures of humidity are interconnected. You will be introduced to different methods for measuring humidity in air and to concepts such as water activity, sorption isotherms and material moisture. You will learn in detail about common instrumentation and methods and guidelines for calibrations and measurements that you can use immediately in your daily work. The course is a combination of lectures and practical exercises which - depending on the number of participants - take place in our state-of-the-art humidity laboratory. The course is designed to be highly interactive to enable you to benefit from the experience of the other participants and the presenters.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for senior technicians, engineers and technical staff from a wide range of industries as well as calibration and test laboratories establishing measurement traceability under an ISO quality system. The course is suited for participants with or without previous measuring experience and is applicable to both calibration and manufacturing processes. Participants should have a basic level of mathematics. Bring your own calculator or laptop.
After the course you will have obtained:
- Knowledge about concepts for humidity and moisture measurements
- An understanding of the principles of operation of humidity sensors and their instrumentation, especially dew point mirror meters and impedance-based sensors
- An overview of physical principles, treatment of uncertainties, validation of climatic chambers and issues concerning calibration
- The insight needed to identify sources of error that affect measurements as well as tips and tricks in order to recognize problems.
Har du faglige spørgsmål så kontakt
- Mette Pedersen
- Kvalitets- & måletekniker
- +45 72201232