3D printing maintains competitiveness
Additive Manufacturing (AM), or just 3D printing, is increasingly being used as a production resource and thus not just for prototyping. Several independent analyzes point to AM as one of the manufacturing technologies that Danish industry can use to maintain competitiveness as well as Danish production workplaces. As a course participant at the Danish Technological Institute, you will receive an impartial and objective demonstration of the technology.
The course is aimed at decision makers, development and production managers, development and production specialists and others who want knowledge and inspiration for innovation using 3D printing as a manufacturing technology.
There are no special prerequisites for participating in the course beyond a healthy interest in 3D printing, and the possibilities of the technology. Please feel free to send your questions or parts potentially suitable for 3D printing prior the course, and we include it in the teaching.
This course is a concentrated one-day course which covers:
- A review of the various 3D printing technologies and materials - as well as their respective characteristics, benefits and limitations
- General financial considerations - how is 3D printing justified and when does it pay off?
- Utilizing 3D printing as a production resource in the ramp-up process and reducing time-to-market
- How to think in new and unique products with a high degree of customization
- Introduction to design rules and new features with 3D printing.
What you learn
With this course, the participant gains concrete knowledge and tools in the following areas:
- Basic knowledge of the technical and economic aspects of 3D printing for industrial manufacturing
- Insight into cost calculations as well as value chain considerations and impacts
- Knowledge of strategy and business development with 3D printing as a development and production resource
- Insight into the benefits and limitations of using various AM technologies
- Basic knowledge of materials, material properties and process steps
- A brief introduction to design for 3D printing - and what to pay attention to when designing for 3D-print production.
Har du faglige spørgsmål, så kontakt:
- Henning Henningsen
- +45 72201838