This course also details how you can mitigate malware threats, identify security issues by using auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016, secure your virtualization platform, and use new deployment options, such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The course also explains how you can help protect access to files by using encryption and dynamic access control, and how you can enhance your network’s security.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Completed courses 20740, 20741, and 20742, or the equivalent.
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
This course is for IT professionals who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in the 70-744 Securing Windows server exam also will benefit from this course.
- Overview of breach detection
- Using the Sysinternals tools to detect breaches
- Understanding user rights
- Computer and service accounts
- Protecting credentials
- Understanding privileged-access workstations and jump servers
- Deploying a local administrator-password solution
- Understanding JEA
- Configuring and deploying JEA
- Understanding ESAE forests
- Overview of MIM
- Implementing JIT and Privileged Access Management by using MIM
- Configuring and managing Windows Defender
- Using software restricting policies (SRPs) and AppLocker
- Configuring and using Device Guard
- Using and deploying the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
- Overview of auditing
- Understanding advanced auditing
- Configuring Windows PowerShell auditing and logging
- Overview of Advanced Threat Analytics
- Understanding OMS
- Overview of Guarded Fabric VMs
- Understanding shielded and encryption-supported VMs
- Using Security Compliance Manager
- Introduction to Nano Server
- Understanding containers
- Planning and implementing encryption
- Planning and implementing BitLocker
- Introduction to FSRM
- Implementing classification management and file-management tasks
- Understanding Dynamic Access Control (DAC)
- Understanding Windows Firewall
- Software-defined distributed firewalls
- Network-related security threats and connection-security rules
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
- Examining network traffic with Microsoft Message Analyzer
- Securing SMB traffic, and analysing SMB traffic
- Overview of WSUS
- Deploying updates by using WSUS
Kurset leder hen mod eksamen 70-744 Securing Windows Server 2016. Eksamen bestilles og betales særskilt.
Microsoft Software Assurance Vouchere
Kurset kan betales med 5 SA vouchere.
Undervisningen varetages af en erfaren underviser fra Teknologisk Instituts netværk bestående af branchens dygtigste undervisere.
Har du faglige spørgsmål, så kontakt:
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147