The following theoretical and practical topics are included:
- Basics of CO2 as a refrigerant
- Safety of CO2 and the choice of materials
- System design
- Overview of CO2systems; Industrial plants, supermarket plants, trans critical plants
- EU directive on pressure equipment and assembly methods related to CO2
- Introduction to hands-on training; Cascade plants, industrial plants, trans critical plants
- Charging and discharging of the refrigeration system
- Operation, service and maintenance procedures for CO2 systems
Class size is limited to ensure an ideal learning environment.
After the course you will have gained:
- An understanding of the special circumstances of CO2
- A basis for assessing the possibilities and limitations of CO2 as a refrigerant
- The knowledge of how to construct a CO2 refrigeration system (super- and subcritical)
- A basis for discussing the choice of components with suppliers
- Practical knowledge of safety conditions related to CO2
- Practical experience in charging, discharging, commissioning, controlling and stopping cascade and trans critical CO2 plants
The course is designed for people working with design, calculation, dimensioning, and maintenance of CO2 based refrigeration systems, e.g. consultants and project engineering and contracting refrigeration companies.
The course fee is inclusive of course materials, refreshments and lunch both days.
Accommodation and local transport from 200.00 EUR (two nights) depending on availability and your requirements. You will be on your own for dinner. You will find a large number of restaurants near your hotel.