The focus of this course is on managing and using the OpenStack client command-line interface and the director and dashboard graphical web user interfaces to securely manage server instances, compute and storage resources, and user identities.
Course content summary:
- Gain familiarity with overcloud service containerization technology.
- Learn about Open Virtual Networking (OVN) enhancement to OVS.
- Use identity service v3 (keystone) with external Red Hat IdM store.
- Manage the core control plane, including Pacemaker.
- Customize images, with techniques for multiple use cases.
- Manage block and object storage.
- Manage compute nodes, including tuning and hyperconvergence.
- Deploy multi-container stacks.
- Troubleshoot OpenStack.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) course or equivalent
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent knowledge and experience
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, cloud operators and infrastructure architects interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
- Describe the classroom environment, support systems, functions of the undercloud components, and more.
- Identify the shared services running on a controller node and describe service endpoint configuration and security.
- Describe the installation and architecture of a Red Hat Identity Management back end for the OpenStack identity service.
- Build an image using diskimage-builder and customize launched instances during deployment using cloud-init.
- Explain persistent storage options for use in OpenStack, focusing on the expanding capabilities of the default Red Hat® Ceph Storage.
- Explain the different network types available to the OpenStack networking service and improve network performance with Open Virtual Network.
- Perform common compute node administration tasks, including live migration, evacuation, and enabling and disabling compute nodes.
- Explain the orchestration architecture required to deploy application stacks and write templates using the Heat Orchestration Template (HOT) language.
- Discuss recommended diagnostic and troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Build a custom image and launch an instance using the custom image.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210) is a 4 hour exam, and it is included with this course. The Exam is taking place on the last day of the course. If you want the course without the exam, please contact us for reduction in the price.
Undervisningen varetages af en autoriseret Red Hat instruktør og foregår på engelsk.
Kurset afholdes i samarbejde med Red Hat, som udvælger lokationen kurset holdes på.
Har du faglige spørgsmål, så kontakt:
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147