Introduction to building and managing docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services, deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift, test the containerized version, and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
One of the key tenets of the DevOps movement is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Understand container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture
- Create containerized services
- Manage containers and container Images
- Create custom container images
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy multi-container applications
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demostrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Introduce and review the course
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Provision a server using container technology
- Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services
- Govern the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion
- Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image
- Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Application (DO288)
Learn to design, build and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster.
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280)
Learn to install and configure an instance of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, test the instance by deploying a real world application, and manage projects/applications through hands-on labs.
Undervisningen varetages af en autoriseret Red Hat instruktør og foregår på engelsk.
Kurset afholdes i samarbejde med Red Hat, som udvælger lokationen kurset holdes på.
Har du faglige spørgsmål så kontakt
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147