As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services, deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift, test the containerized version, and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.
- Container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture
- Create containerized services
- Manage containers and container Images
- Create custom container images
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy multi-container applications
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Learn the benefits of containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift with our free, technical overview Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview (DO080).
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Introduce and review the course
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Provision a server using container technology
- Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion
- Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image
- Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Application (DO288)
Learn to design, build and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster.
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280)
Learn to install and configure an instance of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, test the instance by deploying a real world application, and manage projects/applications through hands-on labs.
Impact to your business
This course is intended to expose students to container and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift. Students learn how to containerize software applications and services. Containers are rapidly becoming a deployment technology of choice in organizations adopting DevOps principles and practices. Moving applications and services from traditional deployment platforms to container deployments make the applications deployable on a single clustered cloud architecture instead of many disparate sets of hardware configurations.
While Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual benefits may vary.
Undervisningen varetages af en autoriseret Red Hat instruktør og foregår på engelsk.
Kurset afholdes i samarbejde med Red Hat, som udvælger lokationen kurset holdes på.
Har du faglige spørgsmål så kontakt
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147