The first of two courses covering the core system administration tasks needed to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
Course content summary:
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Install and configure software components and services
- Establish network connections and control firewall restrictions
- Monitor and manage running processes
- Manage and secure files and file systems
- Administer users and groups
- Review the system log files and journal for issues
- Troubleshoot problems and analyze systems with Red Hat Insights
- Remotely manage systems with SSH and the Web Console
Basic technical user skills with computer applications on some operating systems are expected.
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
Get started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Describe and define open source, Linux distributions, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Access the command line
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
Manage files from the command line
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files while working from the bash shell prompt.
Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems by using local help systems.
Create, view, and edit text files
- Manage text files from command output or in a text editor.
Manage local Linux users and groups
- Create, manage, and delete local users and groups, as well as administer local password policies.
Control access to files
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Evaluate and control processes running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
Control services and daemons
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd
Configure and secure SSH service
- Configure secure command line service on remote systems securely using OpenSSH
Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
- Configure network interfaces and settings on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
Archive and transfer files
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
Install and update software
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
Access Linux file systems
- Access, inspect, and use existing file systems on storage attached to a Linux server.
Analyze servers and get support
- Investigate and resolve issues in the web-based management interface, getting support from Red Hat to help solve problems.
- Review the content covered in this course by completing hands-on exercises.
These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course Red Hat System Administration II with exam (RH135).
Undervisningen varetages af en autoriseret Red Hat instruktør og foregår på engelsk.
Kurset afholdes i samarbejde med Red Hat, som udvælger lokationen kurset holdes på.
Har du faglige spørgsmål, så kontakt:
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147