Azure Database Administrator
Som Azure Database Administrator implementerer og administrerer du de operationelle aspekter af cloud-native- og hybride dataplatformsløsninger, der er baseret på Microsoft Azure-data services og Microsoft SQL Server.
Du forventes at have praktisk erfaring med databaseadministration, SQL Server samt Queries i T-SQL. Derudover skal du have en grundlæggende viden om Azure, svarende til kurset Azure Data Fundamentals.
Dette kursus er for dig som arbejder med data og databaser, og som vil lære om administration på Azures dataplatform. Kurset er også relevant for dataarkitekter og udviklere, der skal forstå mulighederne i Azures dataplatform.
- Plan, deploy and configure Azure SQL offerings
- Monitor database performance and tune a database and queries for optimum performance
- Plan and configure a High Availability Solution
- This module explores the role of a database administrator in the world of Azure. It also provides some foundational information relevant to the overall content. This includes a review of the various SQL Server-based options (SQL Server in a VM, Managed Instances, and Azure SQL Database.) Students will learn why compatibility level is a crucial concept when working with SQL databases in Azure. You are also introduced to other database platforms available on Azure in addition to those based on SQL Server, in particular PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Azure Data Platform Roles
- Azure Database Platforms and Options
- SQL Server Compatibility Levels
- Azure Preview Features
- This module introduces methods for deploying data platform resources in Azure. You will learn about options for both upgrading and migrating existing SQL databases to Azure. You will learn how to set up Azure resources to host SQL Server on a Virtual Machine, a Managed Instance, Azure SQL Database and either PostgreSQL or MySQL. You will learn how to determine which options are best based on specific requirements including the High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) needs. They will learn to calculate resource requirements and create templates for their deployments.
- Deploying SQL Server using IaaS
- Deploying SQL Server using PaaS
- Deploying Open Source Database Solutions on Azure
- This module explores the practices of securing your SQL Server Database as well as an Azure SQL database. This includes a review of the various SQL Server-based options as well as the various Azure options for securing Azure SQL Database as well as the databases with reside within Azure SQL Database. You will lean why security is crucial when working with databases. You are also introduced to other database platforms available on Azure in addition to those based on SQL Server, in particular, Azure Database for MariaDB/MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Configure Database Authentication
- Configure Database Authorization
- Implement Security for Data at Rest
- Implement Security for Data in Transit
- Implement Compliance Controls for Sensitive Data
- This module will teach you about resource optimization for your databases created using either IaaS or PaaS services. The module also covers monitoring server and hardware resources. It will familiarize you with the various tools available for monitoring performance and establishing a baseline. You will learn how to interpret performance metrics for the most critical resources. You will also learn how to troubleshoot database performance using Azure SQL Database Intelligent Insights.
- Baselines and Performance Monitoring
- Major Causes of Performance Issues
- Configuring Resources for Optimal Performance
- User Database Configuration
- Performance-related Maintenance Tasks
- Query execution plans are potentially the most important aspect of database performance. Improving bad plans is certainly an area where a small amount of effort can bring huge improvements. While hardware issues can limit query performance, improving hardware usually yields performance improvements in the 10-20% range, at most. More commonly database administrators encounter queries that are not optimized, have stale or missing statistics, have missing indexes, or poor database design choices that lead to the database engine doing more work than is necessary to return results for a given query. Improving the plans can sometimes yield performance improvements in the 100-200% range or even more, meaning that after improving a plan with better indexes or statistics, a query could run twice or three times as fast! This module provides details on how to analyze individual query performance and determine where improvements can be made.
- Understanding SQL Server Query Plans
- Explore Performance-based Database Design
- Evaluate Performance Improvements
- A common goal for database administrators in many environments is to automate as many of their repetitive tasks. This can be as simple as using scripting to automate a backup process, and as complex as building a fully automated alerting system. This module provides details of automating tasks to simplify the DBA’s job. Methods include scheduling tasks for regular maintenance jobs, as well as multi-instance administration and configuration of notifications for task success or failure or non-completion.
- Setting up Automatic Deployment
- Defining Scheduled Tasks
- Configuring Extended Events
- Managing Azure PaaS resources Using Automated Methods
- Data must be available when the business needs it. That means the solutions hosting the data must be designed with availability and recoverability in mind. Suppose you work for a company that sells widgets both in stores and online. Your main application uses a highly transactional database for orders. What would happen if the server or platform hosting the transactional database had a problem that made it unavailable or inaccessible for some reason? What impact would it have on the business? If the right solution is put in place, the database would come online in a reasonable timeframe with minimal effort, thus allowing business to continue with little-to-no impact. This module and its associated lab cover configuring, testing, and managing a solution for high availability and disaster recovery (HADR) in Azure, for both Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) deployments. This module will not only cover basic requirements, but also the various options available to achieve HADR.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery Strategies
- IaaS Platform and Database Tools for HADR
- PaaS Platform and Database Tools for HADR
- Database Backup and Recovery
Dette kursus er rettet mod eksamen DP-300 Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure. Ved beståelse opnår du certificeringen Microsoft Certified Azure Database Administrator, Associated. Eksamen bestilles og betales særskilt.
Microsoft skriver om denne eksamen:
- This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: plan and implement data platform resources; implement a secure environment; monitor and optimize operational resources; optimize query performance; perform automation of tasks; plan and implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment; and perform administration by using T-SQL.
- Candidates for this exam are database administrators and data management specialists that manage on-premises and cloud relational databases built on top of SQL Server and Azure Data Services.
- The Azure Database Administrator implements and manages the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built on Azure Data Services and SQL Server. The Azure Database Administrator uses a variety of methods and tools to perform day-to-day operations, including applying knowledge of using T-SQL for administrative management purposes.
- This role is responsible for management, availability, security, and performance monitoring and optimization of modern relational database solutions. This role works with the Azure Data Engineer role to manage operational aspects of data platform solutions.
Undervisningen varetages af en erfaren underviser fra Teknologisk Instituts netværk bestående af branchens dygtigste undervisere.
Har du faglige spørgsmål, så kontakt:
- Charlotte Heimann
- +45 72203147