Network administrators, infrastructure architects, security professionals, systems engineers, network administrators, IT professionals, security consultants and other people responsible for implementing network and perimeter security, Chief Security Officers. What do you need to know? PKI basics, being advanced in administering Windows system. So typical experience in administering Windows systems and server platform.
- Understand the core essence of PKI and cryptography.
- Evaluate and select appropriate PKI technologies.
- Install and configure PKI environments according to the best practices taken from practical experience.
- Secure existing PKI infrastructure.
- Choose appropriate types and manage the certificate lifecycle.
- Understand the benefits of certificates used in the infrastructure.
- Adjust PKI to your business needs.
- Become familiar with enterprise solutions that uses PKI and certificates for security.
- Configure and use certificates in: IIS, VPN, Wi-Fi, file encryption, e-mail security and many more.
All exercises are based on newest Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 with additional Linux and virtual network appliances that covers common scenarios.
- This module introduces cryptography basics and fundamentals of public key infrastructure with detailed information about certificates.
- a. Cryptography basics
- b. Fundamentals of PKI
- c. Certificate types (X.509)
- d. Certification authorities
- e. Certificate Revocation Lists
- Module 2 covers one of the most important topics for successful and secure deployment of PKI in enterprise environment.
- a. Planning
- b. Preparing AD Environment
- c. Implementing CA Hierarchy
- d. Securing CA Hierarchy
- e. Role separation
- f. Security Policy
- In this module, you will become familiar with important aspects of implementing PKI in Windows Server 2016 environment.
- a. Managing PKI
- b. Configuring Certificate Templates
- c. Configuring Certificate Enrollment
- d. Configuring Key Archival and Recovery
- e. Configuring Trust Between Organizations
- This module focuses on supported scenarios and challenges regarding migration and upgrade of existing infrastructure.
- a. Supported scenarios
- b. Upgrading certificate templates
- c. Migration scenarios
- This module reviews all aspects of security of PKI and certificates. We also cover physical security and usage of smartcards, TPM and HSM.
- a. Deploying certificates to Domain Controllers
- b. Certificate Revocation
- c. Certificate Validation
- d. CDP, AIA and OCSP
- e. Planning and implementing disaster recovery
- f. Deploying Smart Cards
- g. TPM Virtual Smartcard
- h. Private key security with HSM
- This module focuses on day-to-day operation and challenges in securing applications with certificates.
- a. Secure IIS Traffic with SSL
- b. IIS certificate store security
- c. IIS users authentication
- d. Windows logon with Smart Cards
- e. E-mail security
- f. Encrypting file system
- g. Document and code signing
- Last module covers how to use to PKI to increase network security.
- a. VPN
- b. Wireless Networking
- c. 802.1X and NPS
- d. Radius server
- e. IPsec
- f. Mobile devices certificates with MDM, SCEP and NDES
After the workshop, you receive demo transcript, PowerPoint slides, PowerShell scripts, tools and lab instructions.
CPE Point (Continuing professional education)
It will be possible to earn CPE points after completion this course.
Har du faglige spørgsmål, så kontakt:
- Jette Ravn Merkel
- +45 72202695