Form virtual delivery
- A computer with a stable internet connection (preferably Windows or Mac OS)
- Permissions for outgoing RDP connections to external servers (to our lab environment) – port 3389
- A headset (headphones + microphone)
- Webcam (built-in or plug-in)
- Additional monitor will be helpful but it’s not required
This course is a must-go for database administrators, IT professionals and security officers dealing with database servers.
Then we will discuss impact of system and network security on databases server. Next we will go through every layer of protection offered by SQL Server with lots of real life examples and hands on labs. At the end we will look at the monitoring and auditing our infrastructure to detect threats and react to them. Additionally we’ll play with security of other SQL Services and Azure SQL Databases. Our goal is to show and teach you how to protect your precious data in SQL Server environment and how database security mechanisms work.
To attend this training you should have good hands-on experience in administering Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure. At least 5 years in the field is recommended.
Database administrators, infrastructure architects, security professionals, system engineers, advanced database developer, IT professionals, security consultants and other people responsible for implementing databases security.
After the course you will be able to test and secure your SQL Server infrastructure. And to get more practice we offer three extra weeks of labs online! We want you to leave the class with scripts, checklists and practical, ready-to-use knowledge of how to hack, test and secure your SQL Server infrastructure.
- Discovering SQL Server instances
- SQL injection using men in the middle
- Capturing SQL credentials using men in the middle
- Decrypting SQL Logins passwords
- Gaining access to SQL Server on compromised
- Windows Server
- Defining security objectives
- Configuring service accounts
- Auditing database permissions
- Implementing physical protection
- Configuring firewall
- Securing client-server communication
- Limiting permissions
- Securing CLR
- Implementing protection for extended procedures
- Protecting linked servers (OPENROWSET)
- Securing by using policies
- Hiding instance metadata
- Authentication options
- Implementing password policies
- Securing connection strings
- Customizing login / user authorization
- Key management
- Code and data encryption
- Managing certificates
- Transparent database encryption
- Encryption in HA and Disaster Recovery
- Securing backup files
- Setting backup file passwords and encryption
- Handling keys and certificate backups
- Security considerations while restoring to another SQL Server instance
- Login auditing options
- Data access auditing
- Data Manipulation Language custom auditing
- Policy-based management
- Forensics case study
- SQL Server Agent
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Azure SQL Database
The course has a form of intense workshop where we make a deep dive inside the SQL Server. All exercises are based on SQL Server 2019 and Windows Server 2019.
Author’s unique tools and scripts, over 100 pages of exercises, presentations slides with notes
CPE Point (Continuing professional education)
It will be possible to earn CPE points after completion this course.
Har du faglige spørgsmål, så kontakt:
- Jette Ravn Merkel
- +45 72202695